Ground up opportunity to establish and build Rudick’s growing Contracts and Risk Management department. At Rudick you will carve your own path with the full support of executive level management. We are seeking an experienced professional with 5 years’ experience in the related area as an individual contributor. Extensive knowledge of the contracting function, department processes and company policies.
We are open to experienced professionals with any of the following credentials; CRM, CRIS, Attorneys, Risk management experience and individuals with an MBA.
The Contracts Manager manages contract administration and provides guidance on complex contracts terms prior to execution. Prepares contracts, and administers public, private, and program management contracts in accordance with company policies and legal requirements. Contracts Manager reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Insurance and Bond Administration
- Submit for review all contracts to Insurance broker for compliance with prime contract requirements.
- Manage all Builder’s Risk policies, monitor and maintain coverage throughout the duration of the project.
- Submit for review all prime contracts to Surety broker for compliance with the prime contract requirements.
- Request all performance and payment bonds, bond riders, bid bonds, contractor bonds, maintenance bonds and close out each bond following the warranty period during quarterly reporting with Surety.
- Compliance/Prequalification Management
- Oversee the compliance of subcontractors within all companies for General Liability, Automobile Liability, Umbrella Liability, Worker’s Compensation, Professional Liability (when applicable), Commercial License, Registration with the Secretary of State, Pre-Qualification and Master Subcontract Agreement/Amendments.
- Maintain the Avetta third party database for Subcontractor Pre-Qualification, Short Form Pre-Qualifications, Exemptions and update policy as necessary.
- Review any submissions rejected for non-compliance; coordinate for approval any Financial variances with the CFO.
- Communicate with Project Teams including Superintendents any out of compliance Subcontractors who are onsite with expired Worker’s Compensation. Monitor for renewal and compliance and communicate any further action required when subcontractor is non-responsive.
- Distribute updated compliance reports on a project specific basis upon receipt of payment notifications.
- Provide monthly KPI status update for Substantial Completion, Subcontractor Compliance and Buy Out Effectiveness.
- Master Subcontract and Purchase Order Terms Review/Negotiations
- Interprets contract terms and conditions to help resolve issues and answer questions submitted by Subcontractors, Vendors and Service Providers.
- Maintain Master Terms Library to utilize for consistency on negotiations.
- Coordinate with Subcontractors and Project Team the review and negotiations on proposed modifications to the Terms and Conditions of the MSA, MPO and PSA.
- Oversees the buyout process for all companies. Participate in buy-out calls as necessary.
- Monitors compliance of subcontract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied before final execution.
- Review for approval all master documents (exhibits to the PWO/PPO) prior to releasing commitments on projects.
- Review and confirm all push down requirements are incorporated into subcontract/PWO/PPO agreements as “Special Conditions”.
- Modify contract agreements templates to align with the business unit specific needs.
- Facilitate all updates to Rudick’s Master Documents for Invoicing Manual, Procedure Manuals and Master Terms and Conditions.
- Owner Contract Review and Administration
- Place all Supplemental Conditions inline for review in AIA Contract Documents.
- Manages AIA Program for Owner Contract Documents, Owner Change Orders, Applications for Payment, Certificate of Substantial Completion, Consent of Surety, etc.
- Review Contract Documents for compliance with the acceptable terms and conditions for each business unit; prepare comments from initial review and initiate internal contract review with the Project Team. Engage Insurance broker/legal counsel when necessary.
- Distribute Contract Documents to Insurance and Surety brokers for review, compliance and pricing.
- Prepare Owner Contract Checklist prior to execution of contract.
- Coordinate Contract Execution with Owner.
- Record Notice of Contract/Contract, GMP Amendment, Change Orders, Certificate of Substantial Completion and monitor lien period and request Clear Lien Certificate.
- Monitor the return of the fully executed Contract Agreements, including but not limited to, Contract, Recorded Contract/Notice of Contract with Bonds, Evidence of Commercial Property Insurance, Certificate of Liability and any coordinating Affidavits.
- Maintain templates for all common contract types with preferred terms and conditions.
- Monitor execution process throughout the project from Contract Draft through Request for Clear Lien Certificate
- Educational qualifications – 2 year associates degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of 10+ years in the Construction Industry
- Experience of 5+ years in the related area as individual contributor.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft office programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to function in a high stress, fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Adapt to change
You will do well here if you are…
- Compassionate – Genuinely cares about people
- Experience in Subcontractor Default Insurance Preferred.
- Organizational Agility – Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
- Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, and support) to get things done
- Time Management – uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her effort on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to the broader range of activities.